Exceed Academies Trust currently consists of Five Schools:
- Copthorne Primary School – A Founding School, judged Outstanding by Ofsted
- Horton Grange Primary School – A Founding School, judged Outstanding by Ofsted
- Horton Park Primary School – A Founding School, judged Good by Ofsted
- Appleton Academy ( All through Primary – Secondary) – A Sponsored Academy, judged Requires Improvement by Ofsted
- Holybrook Primary School – A Sponsored Academy, judged Inadequate by Ofsted
Our academies are located within the Bradford district and serve communities with some of the highest levels of social and economic deprivation in the city. Despite significant socio-economic challenges and the vast majority of the pupils having English as an additional language and a high proportion of those being completely new to English, the schools have secured and maintained high pupil outcomes at the end of Key Stage 2 over several years.
Our three founding primary schools achieved some of the highest 2016 Key Stage 2 outcomes nationally and in Bradford.
Our improvement model reflects the preferred DFE approach of ‘stabilise, repair, improve and sustain’.
The Trust recognises its moral purpose to support schools and academies across the city and the region. This has underpinned the accreditation and development of two Teaching Schools that jointly lead the alliance of partner schools and academies. In September 2017, the trust also became responsible for a SCITT (School Centre for Initial Teaching Training). The initial cohort of trainees will be primary focused but from 2018 the SCITT will also deliver Secondary training. Although the SCITT is a new venture our schools have been leading and delivering School Direct initial teacher training provision for 5 years.
Our proven development model involves building capacity, dynamic leadership, a relentless focus on raising standards and establishing accountability, consistency and sustainability across our partnerships.