Welcome! If you’re looking to train to be a teacher, we think you’ve come across a provider that can meet your needs and surpass your expectations! We’re focused on delivering high-quality school-led initial teacher training (ITT) so we have Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT) to recruit to future teacher vacancies. If you want a quick summary of why we’re a great initial teacher training provider or if you’re seeking more information and guidance before applying, follow the links below.
School centred initial teacher training (SCITT) are programmes developed and delivered by a partnership of schools that seek to train and recruit the next generation of teachers. Exceed SCITT is a high-quality partnership serving Bradford, Keighley and Leeds. Exceed SCITT is led by schools and its staff are teachers. 100% of our programmes is delivered in schools. We know your training needs to become a great teacher!
Our Bradford Hub supports three partnerships of initial teacher training for those seeking to become primary school teachers:
- Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance, led by the ‘Outstanding’ Copthorne and Horton Grange primary schools, recruit trainees for the School Direct salaried and fee-funded/unsalaried routes
- Exceed SCITT offers fee-funded/unsalaried training places. The majority of our training places are available by applying directly to Exceed SCITT
- Bradford South Partnership offers fee-funded/unsalaried School Direct training places
Our Leeds Hub also supports trainees to qualify as primary school teachers:
Not only does Exceed SCITT provide training places but it also leads both Hubs and awards successful trainees with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) for each of our partnerships. We have established a partnership with Leeds Trinity University who deliver the Post Graduate Certificate of Education for our trainees.
We think the quality of our partner schools in unrivalled. Take a look at the list of schools and their Ofsted grades!
Our vision and values
Our programmes and partnerships are unique. We’re proud of our innovative offer that breaks the mould from the standard programmes that are sometimes available elsewhere. Our vision and values are at the heart of what we do. They are based on three key words:
Inspire • Care • Excel
- Providing the opportunity to work in the most exciting, innovative and forward thinking schools across West Yorkshire
- Inspirational training for aspirational teachers and a genuine commitment to professional learning and evidence based practice through its Teaching Schools
- Putting the pupil at the heart of teacher training and trainees at the core of our care
Don’t just take our word for it
Meet our schools, school leaders, teachers and trainees via our short introductory video: