Exceed SCITT and Teaching Schools are an outward facing partnership of schools. We provide school improvement capacity to our partner multi-academy trusts (MAT) and schools. This includes providing support to:
- develop school leadership;
- professional learning for new teachers, aspiring teachers, trainee teachers and experienced teachers;
- improve pupil outcomes through brokering and commissioning support from other schools;
- engage with evidence-based practice and research; and
- train, recruit and retain effective teachers and support staff.
The Teaching School Council have set out the nine features of effective Teaching School Alliances (TSA). We believe we meet these:
- The best TSAs have strong carefully chosen strategic partners, including other TSAs and universities, and are clear about and review their membership;
- There is a TSA wide cohesive strategic plan that is costed and risk assessed;
- The TSA has allocated responsibilities for the leadership of the Big Three [priorities of leadership, ITT and CPD], and has efficient management and admin in place;
- A clear talent management policy is in place to support client schools, create a pipeline for development of new school and system leaders;
- The TSA actively recruits SLEs and LLEs to support project delivery;
- A well designed website indicates scope and reach of CPD and leadership programmes, is a first step for ITT contact, and indicates capacity and specialism;
- Improvement interventions are evidence based and TSA refers to recent evidence such as EEF guidance and impact evaluation models are used;
- The TSA actively supports MATs and local clusters and engages with national and regional funding opportunities and leadership development and school improvement; and
- The TSA recruits and trains new teachers and monitors trainees’ employment destinations.
We welcome applications from MATs and schools to join our Alliance. We’ve set out the role of the Teaching Schools, SCITT and Alliance partners in our Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
By applying to join the Alliance, partners agree to work within the parameters of the MoU.
To join the Alliance, the Headteacher/CEO and their Chair of Governors/Trustee need to read, sign and return the MoU to email@example.com