Consultation on School Admission Arrangements 2020/2021
Exceed Academies Trust wishes to consult on the admissions policies for the academic year 2020/2021 for the following schools:
- Appleton Academy (the only changes to this Policy must be made for compliance)
- Copthorne Primary School
- Harden Primary School
- Holybrook Primary School
- Horton Grange Primary School
- Horton Park Primary School
The proposed policies would be effective from September 2020.
We welcome your views and encourage you to respond by the deadline of 28 December 2018.
We are consulting on a proposal to amend the oversubscription criteria to include children of school staff as priority point 3, and would like to hear your views and comments about this so that we can decide whether to include this change for the Admissions Policy for 2020/21. Other minor changes made to the policies must be made for compliance.
The proposed policies can be found below or by clicking on the relevant school name above.
Schools across the Exceed Academies Trust have a common admissions policy which includes a consistent set of oversubscription criteria. For easy reference this is set out below:
The admission of children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for special educational needs and/or disability is dealt with by a separate procedure. Such children will be admitted to the school named on the EHCP without reference to the oversubscription criteria below.
For applications into any year group, where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following oversubscription criteria, in priority order:
- Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence or special guardianship order.
- Sisters and brothers of children living at the same address, who are at present on roll at the school, and will still be attending the school at the time of admission.
- [Proposed New Criteria*] Children of members of staff who:
- have been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made; or
- have been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Other children.
How to Respond
This consultation will run from 16 November 2018 until 28 December 2018 and you are invited to submit comments in writing about the proposal above to:
Exceed Academies Trust, Dawnay Road, Bradford, BD5 9LQ.
Please mark all correspondence for the attention of Peter Taylor.
Alternatively you may wish to e-mail: email@example.com.
Please submit any comments no later than 2pm on the 28 December 2018.
Following the consultation period, Exceed Academies Trust will consider any comments received and will formally publish the outcome of the consultation.
Admission arrangements for 2020/2021 will be determined by 28 February 2019.
* There is no change to the criteria in the Appleton Academy policy, as their policy already includes the proposed new criteria (the wording has been updated for compliance).
- Appleton Academy - Admissions Policy 20-21
- Copthorne Primary School - Admissions Policy 20-21
- Harden Primary School - Admissions Policy 20-21
- Holybrook Primary School - Admissions Policy 20-21
- Horton Grange Primary School - Admissions Policy 20-21
- Horton Park Primary School - Admissions Policy 20-21