Join Exceed Academies Trust
School improvement is strongest when schools work together. We bring together a sense of collaboration and constructive challenge, and summon concrete, positive change, when we work together. The multi-academy trust (MAT) structure, we believe, involves a much deeper, long-term commitment to schools, children and communities that are struggling or face challenges and will help us to keep improving our successful schools. This is driven by a moral purpose and a desire to enable social mobility. It is built on an honest, challenging and open culture, partnership working and shared determination for success in every school. We back our headteachers as they are best placed to make decisions about their schools. We back headteachers to know what is right for their schools, their staff and their pupils.
You can find out more about our principles and practice in a summary of our School Improvement Strategy.
Exceed Academies Trust welcomes new schools from all phases to our family. Whether your school is seeking to convert to become an academy to join a strong partnership of schools or seeking sponsorship from a Trust with a strong moral purpose, we’d welcome the opportunity to talk with school leaders and governors and tell you about what we can offer.
As a trust, we:
- support headteachers to lead their own school improvement with autonomy
- understands that each school has a unique context so we do not standardise provision, including curriculum, teaching and learning models, and assessment practices
- have a successful track record of improving pupil outcomes in high-performing schools and those on an improvement journey
- prioritise teacher recruitment and retention to secure great schools for our children and communities
- are outward facing and support schools within and beyond our own trust
- continue to follow national agreements regarding School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and the NJC Green Book, for teachers and support staff respectively
- continue to provide access to both the Teachers’ Pension Fund and the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- value the importance of good industrial relations and we are proud to have great working relationship with Trade Union colleagues
As a trust leading school improvement locally and regionally, we offer:
- a coherent recruitment and retention strategy to secure the very best teachers, leaders and support staff for our schools
- access to our own school-centred initial teacher training via Exceed SCITT which grows the next generation of teachers for our schools and the region
- access to peer support networks of outstanding leaders and teachers across the trust covering the nursery, primary, secondary and alternative provision phases
- support from our high-quality, experienced central teams for finance, HR, estates, school improvement, GDPR and school governance
- bespoke support from our trust and school-based Research Champions, Wellbeing Champions and Parental Engagement Champion
- an extensive research and evidence-based CPD offer for all staff including the National Professional Qualifications as a lead school in the Carnegie Leaders in Learning license
- opportunities for leaders and teachers to grow and develop by working beyond their own school to help other schools to improve their provision through school-to-school support deployments as National Leaders of Education (NLE), Local Leaders of Education (LLE) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE)
To arrange an informal initial conversation with us, contact our CEO, Duncan Jacques CBE:
- T: 01274 574544 (Option 4)
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org